Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) for Diamond-Dot Painting®
Protection of Personal Information Act
We are a Data Controller of your information. Any information submitted by you will be stored either on a virtual or electronic database or be in the form of hardcopy documents.
- Diamond-Dot Painting® needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Diamond-Dot Painting® permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Diamond-Dot Painting® legitimate interests
- Diamond-Dot Painting® needs to comply with the law
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Diamond-Dot Painting® is liable for the immediate deletion/destruction of personal data should you request it. You will be notified once this process has been completed.
Diamond-Dot Painting® follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Diamond-Dot Painting® uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Diamond-Dot Painting® does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, or through any other means, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Personal Images Stored for Custom Designs
Personal images sent by the customer and received by Diamond-Dot Painting® on request for a personalised/custom DDP design are stored on our database that is secured. Deletion of personal images can be performed on request.
Images are stored for 12 months and then removed/deleted from our database for your privacy and security.
Live Chat Feature
Diamond-Dot Painting® will not, without your express consent, disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers (Courier Guy and Globe Flight) who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of goods or when delivering goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently
- to our stockists and agents (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us).
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (accounting, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Diamond-Dot Painting® is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Diamond-Dot Painting® undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy. Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.